From: Vlad (vlad_at_vlad.net)
Date: Sat 05 Jan 2002 - 21:47:37 GMT

Why bother with vserver to begin with? Give them a web interface to manage
their <VirtualHost> directives, chroot their ftp to their home directory,
use mod_rewrite to lock them out of other important directories and that
should do it as long as all 250 don't have different tastes - you're
usually better off splitting people with need for
php/cgi/frontpage/ssl/webdav.. If you pack all that in a single file
you'll be running out of ram very quickly.

I actually have it split 3 ways for about 400 servers; I have two virtual
servers for web (one apache w/ mod_php, other with frontpage for microsoft
people) and I have one vserver for sql that absolutely nobody seems to be
using...

-Vlad