From: edward_at_paradigm4.com.au
Date: Sat 09 Feb 2002 - 04:52:38 GMT

On Saturday, 9 February 2002 at 2:07, John Lyons wrote:

> Vserver works and has so much potential because of it's clean look,
> excellent documentation and simplicity. FreeVSD users download 200 and 300mb
> skels for their servers because setting up a working virtual server is so
> complex.
>
> There is a danger that new users see a small download file 30 pages of docs
> and a few FAQ's and think that it's a lightweight package. They couldn't be
> more wrong.

Well, it _is_ a lightweight package, in a good sense.
You mentioned the simplicity yourself which makes it easy to audit and understand
what's going on.

Before I came across vserver in Nov. last year, I tried freevsd, usermode linux, selinux.
but neither was suitable for me. Vserver is a great and simple idea and the implementation is
getting better and better.

Ed

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:39 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3