From: klavs klavsen (kl_at_vsen.dk)
Date: Mon 25 Feb 2002 - 11:00:08 GMT

Hi guys,

I have a portable machine, which I also use as a server (a presentation
server). I wanted to run X on it, cause I do like to surf from it once
in a while, but I don't want this "nasty" habit, to put my server at
risk. This made me think of running the X under a vserver - and I've
created an vserver called xsrv.

I've set the inittab to 5 in it, but that didn't start up the X on F7 as
it usually does. I then tried to enter the vserver, and su - klavs and
then run startx.. it complained about me not owning the console (which
is probably right, as I enter the vserver when I was root.

when I run startx as root, it says failed to open /dev/mem (it's a
Warning from xf86ReadBIOS), and fails on xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open
/dev/tty0 (no such file or directory).

Do you have any tips, as how I could get this up and running, as myself
- or can it only be done as root in the vserver? or can't it be done at
all?

--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen

-------------| This mail has been sent to you by: |------------ Klavs Klavsen - OpenSource Consultant kl_at_vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

Get PGP key from www.keyserver.net - Key ID: 0x586D5BCA Fingerprint = A95E B57B 3CE0 9131 9D15 94DA E1CD 641E 586D 5BCA --------------------[ I believe that... ]----------------------- It is a myth that people resist change. People resist what other people make them do, not what they themselves choose to do... That's why companies that innovate successfully year after year seek their peopl's ideas, let them initiate new projects and encourage more experiments. -- Rosabeth Moss Kanter

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:39 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3