From: Ken Gehring (kgehring_at_myrealbox.com)
Date: Tue 26 Feb 2002 - 01:33:10 GMT
Well, I managed to get the vserver up and running. Thanks to all
of you that to the time to help me out.
I decided to start from square -1 on this. Back to repartitioning the
HD. A clean (squeaky clean in fact) install of RH7.1, upgrading the
kernel ........................... worked. I now have a vserver server
and am having fun playing with it.
As to why it worked, I have only 1 theory. The original installation
had an extended partition on it with the swap and / file systems in
it. This appears to be the only change that I can think of that I made
to the system. Maybe this might be my first contribution back to
the vserver community. I certainly hope it won't be my last.
Congrats to you folk that have worked on this. It looks like a
very viable and valuable contribution to the Linux community.