From: Martin Josefsson (gandalf_at_wlug.westbo.se)
Date: Tue 26 Feb 2002 - 17:37:04 GMT

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Mihai RUSU wrote:

> Hi
>
> Im curently testing 2.4.17ctx-7 with vserver 0.10. While playing this this
> I have noticed 2 issues:
> - netstat -an reports all connections no matter the curently selected
> context
> - /sbin/ifconfig shows eth0 for the physical eth device (without any ip)
> and my chipv4 ip as a ip alias (eth0:1)
>
> For the first issue I think there can be done a quick hack based on the
> sources of openwall patch (www.openwall.org) as follows:
> - openwall kernels show on netstat only the connections which belong to
> the current userid
> - I guess they have a check like current->owner == netstat->conn->owner
> and that could be done for vserver as current->s_context ==
> netstat->conn->s_context :) (well pseudo code that is)
>
> The second issue doesnt matter.

Checkout the new ctx8 patch, my patch for this socket stuff is included
there. It's implemented so you can only see sockets that belongs to the
same context as the context you are executing netstat in.

/Martin

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:39 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3