From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Wed 06 Mar 2002 - 02:52:46 GMT

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 22:47:28 -0500, John Lyons wrote
> > So far, I received a single message of non-stability (well, you have seen
> it on
> > the list). I am running 2.4.18ctx-8 on my workstation and 2.4.17ctx-7 on
> prod
> > servers.
>
> got 18ctx-8 running, and added support for my SIS ide, and SIS nic in. Got

Can you tell me what is missing. I will add it in my configuration. Is this standard
stuff found in 2.4.18 ?

> that working fine. (BTW very sexy fixes to ifconfig and netstat and the
> extra utilities :-))

Yes this is getting real cool. I like when I do a pstree, an ifconfig and then a
netstat on a vserver is it shows so little. It gives a good feeling.

> >From memory the last time I built kernels for the servers I didn't change
> any fs/Ext3 settings but now I've discovered that the new kernels that have
> been built haven't got ext3 support.
>
> I've recompiled selecting Ext3 support from the fs menu (4 times now!) but
> on each occasion the servers have restarted without ext3 support.
>
> Is this something that I've missed or what? :-( Help please !

You must select it as a builtin driver (not a module) unless you are using
a initial ramdisk to preload it.