From: Marius Vincent (mvincent_at_uberninja.com)
Date: Thu 07 Mar 2002 - 17:09:09 GMT

Hi

I am trying to install the vserver for the first time.
I am running:
RH 7.2
hardware:
1.6AMD
512Meg DDR
Nvidia onboard crush chipset (this includes onboard NIC and onboard video, both Nvidia chipsets)

Now the problem is that for the life of me I cannot get the onboard NIC to work with the ctx kernel.
The nic was working fine, i just installed the rpm and that installed the modules.
When I install the new kernel and try to reinstall teh rpm, or source rpm, or even straigth from the source i get problems.
This is what i get:
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.17ctx-8/kernel/drivers/net/nvnet.o

Then if i try to probe deeper, with depmod, i get:
[root_at_predator nvnet]# more .depend
nvnet.o: nvnet.c basetype.h os.h phy.h adapter.h nvnet.h \
  /usr/include/linux/module.h /usr/include/linux/config.h \
  /usr/include/linux/autoconf.h /usr/include/linux/rhconfig.h \
  /boot/kernel.h /usr/include/linux/spinlock.h /usr/include/linux/list.h \
  /usr/include/asm/atomic.h /usr/include/linux/kernel.h \
  /usr/include/linux/sched.h /usr/include/asm/param.h \
  /usr/include/linux/binfmts.h /usr/include/linux/ptrace.h \
  /usr/include/asm/ptrace.h /usr/include/linux/capability.h \
And so on, so I am only showing the first 30% so I dont flood the email list.

Now why does this not work?
Anyone I am despirate!

-Regards
-MV

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:39 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3