From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Wed 20 Mar 2002 - 04:43:19 GMT

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:08:49 -0500, Bourque, Guillaume wrote
> Hi all,
>
> As anyone notice that when you run the newvserver utility to build a
> vserver under Mandrake 8.1 that their is a lot of defunct process during
> the creation of a vserver. Those processe goes away when the buid is done
> but I wonder wy the get created ?

rpm is called several time to extract data about package. The defunct process
means the utility (vbuild) is not "waiting" to pick the process return code.
When vbuild ends, all process are reparent to init and then they go away.

I will investigate things. vbuild is using a ipfstream object. I am probably
"miss using" this object.