From: Martin Josefsson (gandalf_at_wlug.westbo.se)
Date: Sat 23 Mar 2002 - 18:17:35 GMT

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Jacques Gelinas wrote:

> I have replicated this problem with ctx-9 on two machines, using netstat. Very
> odd. On one machine, I have hammered on netstat for a while without any problems
> then few hours later (uptime hours later), I crashed the machine twice in a row
> using netstat.
>
> The trace shows that the kernel is dying in __get_free_page(), called from
> proc_file_read, just before calling tcp_get_info. My idea was that the new
> stuff introduced in ctx-8 (private vserver netstat) was doing some corruption.
> But ctx-8 has never crashed on me.

ctx-8 has never crashed on me either.

I havn't compiled ctx-9 yet.

> I have reviewed and reviewed tcp_get_info() and it seems all fine to me.

it looks fine to me too, I can't see any problems with it.

> Very strange. I wonder if for some reason the kernel ctx-9 has been
> improperly compiled. In ctx-9, I introduced a new field in "struct sock" for
> the broadcast address.

I wonder how big struct sock is now.

/Martin

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3