From: Sam Vilain (sv_at_easyspace.com)
Date: Sat 30 Mar 2002 - 17:42:35 GMT

Yes, this works by adding an extra inode attribute - a quota ID.

However, the author of the Tree Quotas patch has tied this arbitrarily to
rules about which directories files are in - which doesn't work well with
hard links across the directories. You need to hard link stuff like libc
between the vservers to save RAM, if you really want to cram the vservers
on your host machines :).

But if there was a userland utility to manipulate the quota IDs, and
selectable behaviour for the default values, then it might be very useful
for vserver users and everyone else.

Sam.

--
   Sam Vilain, sv_at_easyspace.com       Easyspace:  an accredited ICANN
GPG: http://sam.vilain.net/sam.asc    registrar & web hosting company