From: d m (dmm_at_online.de)
Date: Wed 10 Apr 2002 - 08:04:43 BST

Hi,

as I mentioned before, I'm not that firm with quota.
But your suggestion sounds useable, to set per 'volume'-quotas
where a 'volume' is a vserver-volume (mount) using as well user-quotas
(UIDs unique to the vserver or not).

Pease try it, and report if it worked....

Regards,
Daniel

Am Mit, 2002-04-10 um 00.51 schrieb Matthew Hill:
> Daniel,
>
> What I neglected to realize when you made the LVM suggestion,
> is that by creating unique partitions for each vserver, setting up
> quotas for each discrete vserver would be simple by initializing
> quotas on the main server.
>
> Each vserver LVM partition /vserver/tst1 for example, would contain
> a unique quota.user file and it would not matter that a UID of
> the same enumeration had a quota set on another vserver or
> the primary filesystem as quotas are relevent only to the current
> partition and quota.user file (in thise case /vserver/tst1/quota.user).
>
> The vserver would still have control over it's own quotas as the
> file is rw root in the directory of "/" within it's chroot. And the
> server running in security context 0 would do the actual enforcement
> and maintinence such as quotacheck.
>
> Did I miss anything?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Matthew HIll

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3