From: James MacLean (macleajb_at_ednet.ns.ca)
Date: Tue 16 Apr 2002 - 10:54:08 BST

> Thomas Weber wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > i've got problems running samba in a vserver. On a share that's accessible
> > by multiple (Windows)users I get lockups on the client side when someone
> > tries to access a file that's already opened by another user.
> > any ideas?

Possibly totally unrelated but this past weekend I went through an
exercise to get CUPS running in a vserver. One big hangup was that CUPS is
hardcoded everywhere to talk via localhost. In cup's case, it wasn't just
the host 'localhost' or the ip '127.0.0.1' but the hex coded localhost
'0x7f000001' everywhere :(.

So I've been setting /etc/hosts to say that localhost is actually the
vserver's IP.

Probably unrelated, but without all the changes, CUPS would hang doing
certain activities (ie adding printers).

JES

--
James B. MacLean        macleajb_at_ednet.ns.ca
Department of Education

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3