From: Thomas Weber (x_at_4t2.com)
Date: Fri 10 May 2002 - 04:34:03 BST

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 08:23:32PM -0500, Justin M Kuntz wrote:

> Have you used ext3 or ReiserFS specifically on machines with vserver
> patches applied to the kernel? Have the immutability and unification
> features worked for you even with the latest ctx10 2.4.18 patches?
>
> The reason I'm confused is because you said "ext3... has proved fine on all
> of our non vserver machines". I'm wondering what you're using on your
> production vserver machines for base OS + filesystem. My plan is Red Hat
> 7.2 base + compiling our own 2.4.18 kernel from kernel.org w/ vserver
> patches, ext3, and 3ware support built-in.

for what's it worth:
I'm running domino in a minimalistic vserver environment since last december.
The box is a P4 with a 3ware controller. Basesystem is RH7.2, self compiled
Kernel 2.4.18ctx10. All Filesystems are reiserfs.
So far with only few problems, but I mostly blame domino and the domino
setup / administrator for these.

  Tom

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3