From: Lyn St George (lyn_at_zolotek.net)
Date: Fri 10 May 2002 - 19:30:55 BST

On Thu, 9 May 2002 19:01:16 +0200, Christian wrote:

>On Wed, 8 May 2002 23:19:43 -0500
>"Justin M Kuntz" <jkuntz_at_prominic.com> wrote:
>
>> http://vserver.vlad.net/list/0269.html
>>
>> From that message, you indicated some financial incentive might help the
>> patch along. I don't have a ton to spend, but can you give me an idea
>> of how much and a timeframe you'd need to get it done and _merged_ with
>> Jack's code?
>>

>a few days ago "Lyn St George" <lyn_at_zolotek.net> asked me about the patch
>and wanted to work further on it. I send him my old code. I would still
>work on it, but its low on priority to me. I have no 'testing-machine'
>available and don't need the patch for my use at this time. So i would
>need the money to buy an second-hand test machine and some refound for the
>actual work lets guess $500 or so. Maybe chances are good that Lyn
>implements it or his own use or we can work cooperative on that. The patch
>itself isn't really hard work but maintaining and proprosing it for
>inclusion in the main tree might be some annoyina task *G*. I still
>wondered that no programmer who works for an isp already adopted the idea
>and maintains it further.

I will get onto this and start work ASAP, but it's really just a matter
of finding the time :/

For my own purposes - ie, webhosting - I consider this principle
of multiple IPs within a VS to be essential, even if only for an option.

While one excellent use of VS is to put each user inside his own
isolated sandbox, another good use is to put many users inside
the one VS - if those users are to have SSL, SSH, or FTP, then
each user must have a unique IP.

I still haven't had the time to even install the VS stuff on a local
test box, but will soon .....

>Greetings Christian
>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Justin Kuntz
>> http://www.Prominic.NET
>> Phone: 217-356-2888 x 101 | Fax: 356-3356 | Pager: 888-241-0647
>> Internet: jkuntz_at_prominic.com | NotesNet: Justin Kuntz_at_Prominic@Notes
>> Net"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein

-
Cheers
Lyn St George