From: Kees Schrama (Kees.Schrama_at_siennax.com)
Date: Tue 14 May 2002 - 10:49:13 BST

Hi,

Is it possible to have multiple vservers listen to the same IP multicast
address?

The reason for this: we have a application in a clustered setup. This means
that multiple instances of this application run, each in a different
verserver. The vservers all have IP adresses in the same subnet. Each
application uses the same multicast address in order to communicate with its
neighbours.

However, it seems that only one vserver at a time is able to receive
multicast, because the multicast traffic (multicast-subnet) can be routed
only to one (and-only-one) virtual-interface at a time. It seems to me that
the problem is the single routing table that is used by all vservers, so
that only one interface at a time can receive multicast.

Can anyone confirm my findings? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Kees Schrama

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3