From: Joel Vandal (jvandal_at_infoteck.qc.ca)
Date: Tue 14 May 2002 - 19:01:23 BST

> Am I correct in my understanding that the security context is essentially
4
> hex digits (2 bytes long)? So if I were to start and stop vservers in a
> continuous loop for 65535 times, then on the next time it will fail?

If you check on the Kernel Patch, on signal.c (sys_new_s_context function)
you will see something like:

#define MAX_S_CONTEXT 65535

if (alloc_ctx == 1) { ... }
else if (alloc_ctx > MAX_S_CONTEXT) {
 alloc_ctx = 2;
}

I assume that when the countern reach 65535, they restart the count at 2
(Context 0 and 1 are reserved).

--
Joel Vandal