From: George (thumper_at_acun.com)
Date: Wed 29 May 2002 - 20:54:38 BST

I applied the xfs patch to a stock 2.4.18 then applied the vserver patch and
hand applied the hunks that failed, it compiles properly and runs.

the only problem is you cannot do the unification of vservers.

I had one other problem, not sure what it was caused by, after 28 days of
uptime, klogd zombied and put a 68 load average on the server making it
unuseable, forcing me to hard reset it.

I'm beginning to rethink my choice, although XFS is what I consider the best
choice, I may move to ext3 as I understand that unification of the vservers
does work there, unless I missed something.

I'm eating up disk space, so unfication has become important.

George

On Saturday 25 May 2002 5:46 am, Mihai RUSU wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to compile and use a vserver + XFS enabled kernel. Because of
> stability issues we use in production usually redhat based kernels (like
> 2.4.9-31 XFS 1.1). If I try tu patch a 2.4.9-31XFS_1.1 with
> patch-2.4.18-ctx10 I get several failures. Does anyone have a XFS +
> vserver kernel ? success story ?
>
> Thanks

> Mihai RUSU
>
> Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely
> those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any company,
> unless otherwise specifically stated.

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3