From: Denis Medvedev (mdl_at_everdesk.com)
Date: Tue 18 Jun 2002 - 15:44:27 BST

> From: "d m" <dmm_at_online.de>
> To: vserver_at_solucorp.qc.ca
> Date: 18 Jun 2002 12:21:54 +0200
> Subject: [vserver] Does anyone use vserver as failover-cluster ?
>

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there is using the vserver as
> failover-cluster (Hot-Standby, or two vservers as active-active) ?
I am (Hot-Standby)

> Does a tool (e.g. cluster-manager) exists to set up one easily?
I use postgresql as main database. I do regular pg_dump and transfer results via rsync
For work files - I transfer them via rsync too.

> What would be best to get a useable cluster (rsyncs,drbd,coda,shared
> storage) ?
What is drbd?
I tried the following for my HA:
1) CODA - awful... I was not able to force it to run properly
2) PostgreSQL mirroring - awful... not worked as promised
3) rsync - great!
   Thought of trying Intermezzo...

--
Sent using everdesk.com server