From: John Lyons (support_at_nsnoc.com)
Date: Mon 24 Jun 2002 - 00:30:15 BST

> I got the packages installed, got the new kernel installed,
> ran 'newvserver'
> and made a vserver, but YIKES, it took like 1.5GB - it copied
> absolutely
> everything, libraries, /usr/share/doc/, etc. During the
> process, it asked

Sounds like the vserver you've built was based on the host server. If
that's the case, and your host server was a fairly typical installation then
1.5gb is about right.

With some good slimming, you'll be able to cut out the packages that you
don't need and get it down to 350 to 500mb per vs. If you unify every
package using the vbuild utility when you create the server and check the
disk space using the vdu package rather than du you'll probably find your vs
is taking up only 20mb of space.

> Anyhow, when I type "vserver w98 start" I see this:
>
> Starting the virtual server w98
> Server w98 is not running
> ipv4root is now 192.168.100.15
> Host name is now wild98.com
> New security context is 2
> Can't execute /etc/rc.d/rc (Too many levels of symbolic links)

That doesn't look like RH to me :-( I'm lost too.

Regards

John Lyons
DomainCity
http://www.domaincity.co.uk