From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Wed 03 Jul 2002 - 01:28:53 BST

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Jacques Gelinas wrote:

> Just to say they are out.

Could find them linked from the website, and ftp.solucorp.qc.ca appears to
be down. (Perhaps I'm just being too fast ;-).

> Note that vserver-0.18 works with both older and newer kernels (the set_ipv4root
> syscall had to be changed)

I was wondering why the set_ipv4root hadn't been designed so that it could
be passed a struct in the first place. Therefore maintaining binary
compatibility across upgrades by checking a version field in the structure.

Another advantage in having a single set_iproot() call would allow for
arbitary expansion to include IPv6 addresses.

> A complete changelog will follow.

Presumabley binding to * will now bind to the first configured IP address?

Thanks for the work,
        -Paul

--
Nottingham, GB