From: Peter Kwan Chan (peterkwanchan_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri 19 Jul 2002 - 01:10:41 BST

This is a very common situation. You need to make sure the service
running in the main server doesn't already bind the addresses that the
vserver will need. Usually, the services in the main server simply bind
to localhost, and in turns bind to all IPs on the main server, thereby
blocking any service in the vservers from starting.

You need to either explicitly force the services in the main server to
bind only to the main server IP, or the vserver package supplies those
v_service scripts that you can run to limit the services to only the
main IP. (e.g. v_httpd, v_sshd, etc...)

By the way, Jay, I thought you had your mind set on FreeVSD? :')

Peter