From: -= (takashi_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri 02 Aug 2002 - 02:58:22 BST

Hello , is not the first time i write on the mail list for this problem but i got always this problem ..

To make you in the context
I got a Root server with 120 real IPS Accessible from the internet From 207.X.X.1 To 207.X.X.120 ( eth0 to eth0:120 )

I need each vserver to have 16 IPS so i set in one vserver:
IPROOT="207.X.X.1 207.X.X.2 207.X.X.2 207.X.X.3 207.X.X.4"

But with this configuration some application do not work correctly

For exemple
-1 eggdrop can only be start on the first IP on the list and i try to start eggdrop on another IP the eggdrop do not start at all
- 2 psybnc can only use the first ips on the list for vhost

The only whay i found for those application to work correctely is to set in a vserver
IPROOT=

but with IPROOT=
vserver can use all IPS of the ROOT SERVER and 2 vserver can use and share the same IPS

i very nned to limit acess to ip in a vserver and support for eggdrop and bnc

anybody have an idea ? someting i do wrong in the configuration ?
is the only problems i got with vserver but the reason why i use vserver is for eggdrop and bnc

thx all for help

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:41 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3