From: Jon Bendtsen (jon+vserver_at_silicide.dk)
Date: Mon 12 Aug 2002 - 20:31:59 BST

> Jacques Gelinas wrote:

> > > well excuse me, but if you knew that already, why did you ask what
> > > root_server.deb is ?
> >
> > Obviously, I was not asking about the deb extension. I was asking what
> > root_server stand for. The current package is called vserver and there is also
> > a vserver-admin package. So what root_server stand for ?

Well, i just tried to answer both questions.

> > He answered. For me root_server would have stand as a general purpose
> > package used to install a whole root server: Everything needed to operate vservers
> > and do basic configuration or the root server (which is beyond the vserver
> > package) including hardware and networking and ...

This is more or less the same as i think, and what i tried to write in
my reply to you. (weather or not i succeded is only something you can
answer)

> > At some point, vserver aware distribution will allow one to setup a minimal
> > linux installation used to
> >
> > configure the box
> > administer vservers
> > monitor vserver and some intrusion detection.

Yes, that would be nice... running debian of course :)

JonB

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3