From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Mon 19 Aug 2002 - 19:57:39 BST

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:47:49 -0500, BrandonHoult wrote
> I am trying to set up vserver with a debian woody host. I patched the
> kernel and recompiled without any trouble then converted the rpms 0.19
> to deb using alien, and that worked ok Ran "vserver test build" got a
> bunch of errors (listed below ran with test2 to capture the errors)
> modified the .conf file (also listed below). It seems that I can enter
> the vserver without any trouble and it appears to work fine, but if I
> start it then ssh or telnet to it I end up in the root directory of the
> host server with the name of the computer reported (with telnet) being
> the same as the host. I read in the changelog that debian is now
> supported, does this mean only as a virtual server, or is it now suposed
> to work as a host also?
> I have since uninstalled the converted rpm's and compiled from source
> but it still has the same problem.

This means you have thoses services running in the root server and it is taking
over anything a vserver can do.

Stop sshd in the root server and starts the v_sshd (I guess this should work
on debian as well). This will force sshd to only use the eth0 IP and let the
vserver do their work on their own IPs. Same for xinetd.