From: KevinL (darius_at_obsidian.com.au)
Date: Tue 20 Aug 2002 - 12:20:29 BST

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 20:29, ragnar_at_this.is wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am one of the Debian admirers.
>
> > Do you have a working unify for debian vse's?
> > > Apart from dpkg, which tries to `chmod ug-s' setuid
> > > binaries before it unlinks them for security reasons

Seems to me, perhaps we could hack something up that looks at the dpkg
output similarly to the way vunify works with rpm output, and side-steps
suid stuff - I have no problem with suid files being copies rather than
hard-links, if everything else is a hard-link. Could even argue it's a
good idea *shrug*.

Does anyone currently have multiple debian vservers unified in any way?
How does it work?

KJL

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3