From: John Lyons (support_at_design-web.co.uk)
Date: Wed 04 Sep 2002 - 19:39:37 BST

I've just set up a new host server RedHat7.2 running 2.4.19ctx-13 and
vserver-admin-0.19-1 vserver-0.19-1

Kernel patch seems fine, and the host server is ok.

Trying to start any virtual servers is giving.

[root_at_svr11 vservers]# vserver vs189 start
Starting the virtual server vs189
Server vs189 is not running
ipv4root is now xxx.xxx.xx.189
Host name is now vs189.xxxx.xxx
Domain name is now xxxx.xxx
New security context is 189
Can't execute /etc/rc.d/rc (No such file or directory)

(I've removed xxx.xxx etc for my own security)

The virtual server ran quite happily on an older host server 2.4.18ctx-10.

Conf file is
IPROOT="xxx.xxx.xxx.189"
IPROOTDEV=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
S_CONTEXT=189
S_DOMAINNAME=xxx.xxx
S_HOSTNAME=xxx.xxx.xxx
S_NICE=1
S_FLAGS="lock sched nproc"
ULIMIT="-H -u 200"
S_CAPS="CAP_NET_RAW"

Can anyone spot the problem?

Regards

John Lyons
Netserve Consultants Ltd

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3