From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Tue 10 Sep 2002 - 02:54:01 BST

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:29:35 -0500, Klavs Klavsen wrote
> Hi guys,
>
> I just upgraded my kernel to v2.4.19-ctx13 - and now I get this error message, when
> trying to enter a vserver:
>
> New Security Context is 4
> /usr/lib/vserver/capchroot: relocation error: /lib/libnss_files.so.2: symbol _nss_files_parse_pwent,
> version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
>
> My guess is perhaps, the fact that my root-system is RedHat 7.3 and my vservers still
> are RH 7.2 has something to do with this? However it hasn't been a problem before
> this new kernel - or have I just missed using the vservers in the period from I upgraded
> (it might be that, since It's only a test machine - and I haven't upgraded my production
> machines yet).

I think it was a problem on the build machine. A weird combination of glibc
and glibc-devel. I have fixed that. I just upload vserver 0.20 with minor
enhancements (change log will follow). It was tested on rh7 and 7.3 (the binary
package).

Check it out!