From: J. Nick Koston (nick_at_cpanel.net)
Date: Mon 23 Sep 2002 - 06:58:54 BST

   I've attached a patch against 2.4.19ctx-13 that creates a new
rlimit called RLIMIT_CTX_AS. You'll need to use attached
vserver-setmemlimit program to set the limit (right now it is hard
coded to a 200 meg limit ... just edit and recompile)

Basic howto:

Patch your kernel sources with the patch-2.4.19ctx-13
Patch your kernel sources with patch-rlimit-ctx-as.patch

Patch the vserver-0.20 package with vserver-0.20-ctx_as-limit.patch
Copy the new chcontext into /usr/sbin

Find the S_FLAGS line and add "mem" into the line

Example: S_FLAGS="lock nproc sched mem"

Compile the two vserver-*memlimit programs (note: vserver-setmemlimit
starts an ash shell by default.. edit the source and change it to bash
if you don't have ash)

gcc vserver-setmemlimit.c -o vserver-setmemlimit
gcc vserver-showmemlimit.c -o vserver-showmemlimit
[root_at_localhost root]# ./vserver-setmemlimit
# ./vserver-showmemlimit
Current Vserver Memory Limit: 200 Megs
# vserver <vservername> start

  I'm not sure if this is the best way to do this, but it seems to
work ok. I have no idea if this is SMP safe, or if this is even a
good thing (tm) so I'd appricate comments.

-Nick

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3