From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Wed 09 Oct 2002 - 22:34:15 BST

On 9 Oct 2002, Ivan Faes wrote:

> Hi I just started working with vserver.
>
> I have build some vservers with the vserver xx build and so on
>

> Buth what is the best way to make you first vserver and to use that one
> as a skel for the other vservers.
>
> also as small as possible.

What is small? This is the question and I have been pondering it for
awhile. I just tried using the Linuxconf vserver module to build my base
vserver and was not happy with either the minimal or full install. It
probably was I wanted some 'optional' packages that I consider necssary
and didn't automagically get them. (I still have more experimenting to
do.)
   I'm on a RPM list and have got some suggestions as to how to figure out
what packages require what other packages so I cam build a list and then
only install those I want and need.

For now I've made my base vserver from the main server and I'll start
slicing and dicing out the fluff. You might try the same.

Rod