From: Klavs Klavsen (kl_at_vsen.dk)
Date: Tue 22 Oct 2002 - 13:11:26 BST

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:57:56 +0200
Georges Toth <georges_at_norm.lu> wrote:

> > How did you install the Gentoo /vservers/* ? have you tried to
> > install a RH vserver, on your Gentoo real server? or are you running
> > a Gentoo vserver on a RH real-server?
>
> i'm running the gentoo vservers on a gentoo host.
> i've given up on trying it with rh-8.0, because i had too many
> problems with getting stuff compiled.

I tried using newvserver - installing from rh73m - but it failed
miserably - a lot of garbage output, and it created the directory, the
/dev and the conf-files - but installed no packages. although I have rpm
installed on the gentoo system.

How did you go about getting a vserver created? I need i586 packages for
my C3 system, otherwise I would gladly accept yours :-)

I have copied a Redhat 7.2 install (vserver) from an old RH73 server,
but for some reason it says illegal instruction, when I try to enter the
server directory with chroot. I have another thread running on this
though, but do tell if you have any ideas as what could be the reason.
What's different when chroot'ing from a Gentoo-1.4rc1 into a RedHat 73?
I have a RedHat 7.3 system installed on another partition, and I have no
problems chroot'ing into that. it works like a charm, so I don't know
what could be wrong.

> on gentoo everything works fine now (except a php library ->
> xmlrpc-epi, which > apparently isn't possible to compile with a gcc3.2
> compiler)

I haven't found that php-library in the ebuild collection. Is there an
ebuild for it?

--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen

-------------| This mail has been sent to you by: |------------ Klavs Klavsen - Open Source Consultant klavs_at_EnableIT.dk - http://www.EnableIT.dk

Get PGP key from www.keyserver.net - Key ID: 0x586D5BCA Fingerprint = A95E B57B 3CE0 9131 9D15 94DA E1CD 641E 586D 5BCA ---------------------[ I think that... ]----------------------- Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent. Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child who is carrying a .38. -- Unknown

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:43 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3