From: Justin M Kuntz (jkuntz_at_prominic.com)
Date: Mon 28 Oct 2002 - 18:44:02 GMT

Linux version 2.4.19ctx-13 (gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3
2.96-110)) #4 SMP Thu Oct 17 04:45:31 GMT 2002

Hello,

In regard to the above vserver setup, I've noticed a bug with Red Hat 7.3
Minimal installation using the newvserver script. On several different
systems this consistently fails to enable "syslog" even when selected
during the install (I don't check the sshd box but I do check the syslog
one).

The result of this is interesting. Even after issuing a "vserver <x>
start" command, vserver-stat will not immediately report the vserver as
running. I then enter the vserver, do a "chkconfig syslog on". Upon
restarting the vserver, it is instantly listed in the vserver-stat.

So syslog being enabled has some correlation to whether vserver-stat
functions immediately after the vserver is started.

Thanks!

Justin

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:43 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3