From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Tue 29 Oct 2002 - 00:23:22 GMT

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 vserver-list_at_austin.seaip.com wrote:

> i'm really interested in consolidating vserver storage centrally, but
> don't want a net fs such as nfs/smb.
>
> has anyone played with iSCSI enough to say its usable?

I did some research on this but didn't have the $25K to get a module from
RaidZone so I can't say for sure but indications are that it should work
very well. iSCSI provides a raw device-like partition(?) to whatever OS
is running. The sales guy seemed pretty hyped up about their iSCSI client
for Linux.

> what about specifically in conjunction with vserver?

Jacques says if it is a file system that can be normally be used by
vserver then it should work.

Rod