From: Andreas Kostyrka (andreas_at_mtg.co.at)
Date: Thu 31 Oct 2002 - 17:19:47 GMT

Am Don, 2002-10-31 um 14.59 schrieb Herbert Poetzl:

> advantages:
> - the usual quota behaviour
> - a dedicated space for each vserver
>
> disadvantages:
> - no unification (about 200MB instead of 20MB per server)
only real disadvantage.
> - no grace limits (overbooking)
Well, what happens if two servers overbook to much?
It ain't an airplane, where the airline makes one of the client wait for
the next plane, ...

> - no simple change in size (needs at least filesystem resize)
Well, seems to work reasonably well. (Not for vservers, just my general
use)
> - partition management for each vserver
one lvcreate and one mkfs for newvserver, ...

Best regards,

Andreas

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:43 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3