From: John P. Eisenmenger (jpe_at_eisenmenger.org)
Date: Sat 02 Nov 2002 - 03:20:38 GMT

On Friday 01 November 2002 04:15 pm, you wrote:
> A much easier way to do this is to simply use the fakeinit flag. You also
> need to remove everything from the boot runlevel.

:-) I did, but fakeinit did not work for me. It just resulted in the error:

        Usage: init 0123456SsQqAaBbCcUu

So I ended up doing this hack instead. A cleaner way to do this would to be
allowing one to specify the actual start command in the vserver.conf file.
For example:

        S_START="/sbin/rc default" # gentoo

Then the vserver start script would use $S_START if set. Likewise for S_STOP.

This would be very applicable where one builds a minimal vserver with only the
necessary files for running some service. In that case the rc & init
commands aren't likely to be present in the vserver...

-John

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:43 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3