From: djp_at_comm.it
Date: Mon 04 Nov 2002 - 16:21:33 GMT

After spending few hours dealing with tomcat4, I found that it tries to
bind to the localhost for unknown reasons.

Nowadays, software writers tend to think that the loopback device is a
"safe" way for inter-process communication.

I'm wondering how easy would it be to redirect binds and connections to
the localhost (127.0.0.1) to the server IP address instead (or,
alternative, to have a per-context localhost address which will allow a
seamless operation of such software).

Dave.

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:43 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3