From: Justin M Kuntz (jkuntz_at_prominic.com)
Date: Mon 04 Nov 2002 - 21:43:44 GMT

Hello,

I've got a simple question. If I want to move a vserver from machine A to
machine B, can I just rsync the files using a command like this (provided
I've stopped the vserver):

rsync --verbose --progress --stats --compress --rsh=/usr/bin/ssh \
      --recursive --times --perms --links --delete \
      /vservers/0001/ machine-b:/vservers/0001/

The main thing that concerns me is what happens with the files inside each
vserver's proc directory - my assumption is those are all linked, and I
don't want them getting copied, right?

Thank you,

Justin

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:43 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3