From: Lars Braeuer (lbraeuer_at_mpex.net)
Date: Thu 07 Nov 2002 - 15:10:13 GMT

as cathy says, there are many variable to be considered. I'm running
several vservers
on two AMD systems and never experienced anything like this so far
(hopefully it'll stay this way).

here's the setup of one of my servers:
AMD 1.2 Ghz , 1GB RAM (no himem), ext3, hardware raid 5.
vserver 0.20 with a self compiled kernel 2.4.19, patched with the
2.4.19ctx-13 patch.

another thing to consider: could it be related to the software raid?
since at least
two of you complaining about the stabiltiy of the vservers are using
software raids?

lars

--

MPeX.net GmbH Carl-Heinrich-Becker Weg 23 D-12165 Berlin

Tel: ++49-30-79701937 Fax: ++49-30-79740880 Mobil: ++49-179-5956017