From: Andreas Kostyrka (andreas_at_mtg.co.at)
Date: Sat 09 Nov 2002 - 13:36:07 GMT

Am Sam, 2002-11-09 um 05.33 schrieb Robert Rolfe:
> i havent been able to get my main server (7.2) to install anything
> from the CD except 7.2... and then when i loaded 7.3 i was able to get
> 7.2 and 7.3 to work....
>
> so is vserver only backwards compatible?
Well, only thing that cannot be tailored for a vserver seems to be the
kernel version. So if 7.3 expected a 2.4.x kernel, and 7.2 provided a
2.2.x kernel, you are in trouble.

Considering the kernel one can expect a distribution to support perhaps
a newer kernel, but for sure no one will go to the trouble supporting an
older one.

Andreas

Generated on Sat 09 Nov 2002 - 14:59:57 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3