From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 12 Nov 2002 - 11:47:58 GMT

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 04:57:37AM -0500, Mehmet Avcioglu wrote:

> The kernel supplied does not have serial console support built in it. I
> tried patching a fresh kernel and creating the .config myself but things
> didn't work. Then I tried the config from
> ftp://ftp.solucorp.qc.ca/pub/vserver and added CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE=y and
> that didn't turn serial console support either.
>
> Any ideas how I can build serial console support into the kernel.

you'll need at least the following ...

CONFIG_SERIAL=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE=y

(in the .config file)

and for the kernel ...

console=ttyS0,19200n8

(as append option)

for more details look at/read the documentation
in linux-2.4.19/Documentation/serial-console.txt

> This is with 2.4.19
>
> Thank you
>
> -- Mehmet

Generated on Tue 12 Nov 2002 - 13:10:22 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3