From: Nuno Silva (nuno.silva_at_vgertech.com)
Date: Mon 25 Nov 2002 - 11:36:37 GMT

Hello!

This discussion is purely academical because linux 2.4 is the *stable*
branch, and will not move an inch. Linux 2.5 is the development branch
and is feature freeze since last month...

Maybe after 2.5's entry as 2.6 or 3.0 :)

Regards,
Nuno Silva

Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 12:29:36PM +0200, Climent Jesus (NET-OSS/Espoo) wrote:
>
>>On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 10:23:44PM +0100, ext Szabolcs Szasz wrote:
>>
>>>Hi! (Anybody here?)
>>
>>Mostly listening.
>>

>>>1. Is there any news about getting vserver merged into
>>>the official kernel?
>>
>>I had the chance to have the code checked by Rusty Russell 2 weeks ago.
>>He agreed the implementation looks clean, but for the code to be merged
>>in Linus tree there are few things that must happen:
>>
>>1. People should start using it and providing feedback to the LKML.
>>
>>2. More people should use it (maybe a major distro using it for securing
>> bind would provide a nice set of bug reports??)
>>
>>3. Linus should hear about it. And from people actually using it and
>> finding it a Good Thing (tm).
>>
>>After the things above happen, there is a very small chance. Linus does
>>not usually go hunting for code nor merges patches nobody has tested. At
>>least, nobody from the "insiders" (i.e., the "unofficial core team").
>

> for me, there are at least two issues left
> - what would the "average" user do with ctx-features?
> - if I don't want to use it, how can I disable it,
> without having some useless code in the kernel?
> (Y/n/m) configuration is missing.
>
> best,
> Herbert
>
>>data

Generated on Mon 25 Nov 2002 - 12:07:21 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3