From: Ola Lundqvist (opal_at_debian.org)
Date: Thu 28 Nov 2002 - 06:28:40 GMT

Hi

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 04:49:52PM +0100, hugh at atosc dot com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> To the debian maintainer,
> To the ml for information purpose.
>
> I find some news packages for vserver support in the sid debian distro.
> I've patched the kernel without the debianised kernel-patch.

Ok, that should not matter.

> I use the 0.19 tools coming from the sid debian distro
> and i've a few comment that you maybe already known.

> When you install the vserver tools the debconf fail:
>
> 1- the first error i got 2 day's ago cannot be reproduced
> now, but debconf was asking for a file in /etc/vservers/*.conf
> to be correctly installed...

Yes that is already fixed.

> in fact in /etc/init.d/vserver
> the
> for serv in *.conf; do
> statement was replaced by
> for serv in $(find . -name "*.conf") ; do
> So i think that problem is already fixed
>
> 2- the /etc/init.d/vserver script now include an error that need to be
> fixed in line 14:
> for serv in $(fine . -name "*.conf") ; do
> I guess it's a keyboard hazard s/fine/find/ ;)

But apparently the fix needs a fix.

> 3- the script want a thing that is not debian related:
> /var/lock/subsys. we maybe need to create this at install stage.
> as the script try to touch something in that directory

Now added. It existed on my machine becuase some other packages had
created it (pcmcia, freeswan etc).

> Question: why the status command doesn't use the vserver-stat to
> complete information about started vserver

That is an upstream issue I think.

Regards,

// Ola

> thank you for reading
> hugh

/  opal_at_debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  opal_at_lysator.liu.se                 654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |