From: Nuno Silva (nuno.silva_at_vgertech.com)
Date: Thu 28 Nov 2002 - 21:16:06 GMT

Hello!

The easiest way of working with vservers is to install a complete distro
"inside". After that you can "rpm -Uvh xpto.rpm" or "dpkg -i xpto.deb"
or whatever.

An easy way of getting a complete distro "inside" is:

vserver xpto build
(after a long time...)

vi /etc/vservers/xpto.conf
(edit vservers configuration)

vserver xpto start
vserver xpto enter

and now (re)configure it to your likes and install/remove whatever you want.

Good luck,
Nuno Silva

Brian Ipsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Okay, I got something up and running. For some wierd reason there's no sshd
> file in /etc/init.d of my installation, so I'll have to create it by hand
> (or copy from another installation).
>
> The main question now is what is the easiest way to install e.g. a
> customized apache, mysql or similar on 3-5 vservers ? Install compiler and
> tools on all them, and compile individually ? Or is there some fancy way
> where applications can be compiled on one installation (vserver or toot
> system) - and then installed in the vserver environment ?
>
> Regards,
>
> /Brian

Generated on Thu 28 Nov 2002 - 21:44:19 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3