From: Burak BASKAN (burak_at_duslersokagi.com)
Date: Sun 15 Dec 2002 - 02:03:09 GMT

i have made some changes on patch file. There is my reason and the result, but i am not sure, now is there some potansial bug occurs after that modify.

In patch ctx-14 and kernel 2.4.19 i configure my xinetd telnet and such daemon like;

service telnet
{
        disable = no
        flags = REUSE
        socket_type = stream
        wait = no
        user = root
        server = /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
        log_on_failure += USERID
        bind = MY_IP_ADDRS
}

and after compile new kernel 2.4.20 and new patch (ctx-16) my xinetd services wont be start succesfully.

Because in patch file, there is a check fuction, and does not allow to programs bind any ip address with a port, which is alredy bind by an other ip address.
( 1.2.3.4:5000 able to bind that port with that ip, but after that 1.2.4.5:5000 cant )

so i modify patch file like that;
"line 239"
 // if (tcp_ipv4_addr_conflict(sk,sk2))
 // break;

so there is no check if the ip addr tries to bind any same port with the others. Perhaps someone make it better. As i said before i am not sure the results bug but now i can use my xinetd services as i used before and there is no any bind problem.

Thanks,
Burak.

Generated on Sun 15 Dec 2002 - 02:25:58 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3