From: Martin List-Petersen (martin_at_list-petersen.dk)
Date: Sun 22 Dec 2002 - 00:09:26 GMT

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 23:09, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 04:48:53PM -0500, tedsuo wrote:
> > Hi, we got strange bug with our server during the period after the
> > reboot to kernel 2.4.20 with the CTX16 patch for vserver. The
> > server has crash many times (5 in a day). We have found that AMD
> > machine running VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363/8365 [KT133/KM133] (rev
> > 03) were not compatible with kernel 2.4.20. It seem that there is a
> > bug between the kernel compatibility with the AMD hardware. Running
> > lspci can show you the version. I was wondering if it is possible to
> > get a ctx16 patch for linux 2.4.19 kernel. We do not confirm that
> > kernel 2.4.20 is 100% unstable with these machine but we will do
> > troubleshooting and find out if this kernel 2.4.20 is really unstable
> > with this hardware.
>
> please try to patch the acpi in for athlon based systems ...
> (you can find a patchset at http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/patches-2.4.20/)

Is this an ACPI problem, that seem to trouble with 2.4.20 ? ... i've
been running 2.4.20-pre5-ac1 for a long time without problems, but
after upgrading to 2.4.20 i had a bunch of crashes in a row (5-6 a day,
freezing the machine completely).
Machine is a Dual Athlon; AMD MP (762/766) based mainboard.

--
Regards,
Martin List-Petersen

Generated on Sun 22 Dec 2002 - 00:31:24 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3