From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 15 Jan 2003 - 11:01:36 GMT

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 01:47:39PM +0300, Lyashkov Alexey wrote:
> Hello Adam,
>
> Wednesday, January 15, 2003, 4:40:39 AM, you wrote:
>
> AHP> The newvserver command that I reported yesterday actually caused a
> AHP> kernel panic. I couldn't see the full text of the panic, and I
> AHP> couldn't scroll back or see more, because everytime I hit a key, it
> AHP> caused the kernel to re-panic or at least print out the panic message
> AHP> again. Now that the machine is back up, what's the best way to figure
> AHP> out what went wrong?
> ok Adam. i also find it after make kernel from clean sources. There
> was an unsuccessful optimization attempt between the recent versions.
>
> "broadcast: Host name lookup failure" loop in vserver build command
> is bug vserver script when chbind not find broadcast address.
> 827 pts/0 S 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/sbin/vserver vserver2.shadowland build
> 1488 pts/0 S 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/sbin/vserver --silent vserver2.shadowland suexec root /sbin/chkconfig ra
> 1490 pts/0 S 0:00 /sbin/ifconfig eth0:vserver2.shadowland 192.168.1.3 netmask broadcast
>
> Also had bug where vserver stop command.
> Network stop use "ip" to flush network interface but looped then.
> it's not only in my patch. i tested with original 2.4.19+ctx14+Herbert
> diskquota under UML and obtain same result.

Alexey,

it would be VERY helpful if you could try
   http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/patches-2.4.20-ctx14/
and
   http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/patches-2.4.20-ctx16/

if one or both of them show the same behaviour ...

(ad. sched, it seems that this is the point of crash,
 but not directly related to the scheduling code)