From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Thu 23 Jan 2003 - 21:23:31 GMT

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:21:05 -0500, Andreas Scholz wrote
> hello !
>
> i'm trying vserver here (1st time) with woody 3.0r1
>
> i want to use a mount -t smbfs //192.x.x.x/share
> /vserver/home/me into my V-server but it always
> fails with acces denied,

Not sure I understand

Normally /vservers has very restrictive permission (000) to cut a chroot security
issue (this will be changed when the new chrootsafe is introduced). Maybe this
is the issue causing problem.

One possibility would be to perform the mount elsewhere and the use the
mount --bind option to tie /vserver/bome/me to the place where you performed the
real mount.