From: Timm Essigke (essigke_at_eml.org)
Date: Sun 26 Jan 2003 - 21:28:11 GMT

Hi,

I installed vserver on debian without any problems - Great!

Now I want to mount e.g. my local debian mirror into my vserver, but I
want to do it read-only for the vserver, while having it rw in context 0.

mount --bind -o ro mounts it rw, which is a known bug I found as
debian-bug #116017 of mount, but seems to be rather a bug in 2.4.x
kernels, that options are ignored, when --bind is used.

I tried to remount ro, which works, but sets not only the mount in the
vserver ro, but also the original mount.

Next idea:
I exported the directory via nfs and mounted it with
mount -t nfs -o ro,addr=192.168.0.100 (which is the IP of my vserver)

This gives me what I want, when I test is from context 0, but even a cd
gives "Permission denied" in the vserver! Why?

I guess, somebody found a solution for this "standard" problem in
vservers already!?

Thanks in advance,

Timm

Generated on Sun 26 Jan 2003 - 21:51:28 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3