From: Timm Essigke (essigke_at_eml.org)
Date: Thu 30 Jan 2003 - 10:46:08 GMT

No, I didn't find a solution yet, but I had also not very much time I
could spend on it.

In my case with the debian-mirror, I could make it accessible via http
or ftp, so I would not need to mount it.
Another option might be, to tunnel nfs through ssh, but I don't know if
this would work.

Anyway, if it worked for 2.4.19ctx14 we (or some expert on this list)
should have a look what got broken. It would be much better to get it
working properly instead of inventing workarounds.

Unfortunately, I try to run vserver on a pretty new machine, which would
need a couple of patches for 2.4.19 included in 2.4.20. So it would be a
pain for me to downgrade to 2.4.19.

Maybe I have a look into the code next weekend, but I am not very
familiar with the kernel code and vserver, so it must be a rather
trivial problem that I have chances to find it...

Timm

Fran Firman wrote:

>I get the same, and I'm mounting the whole vserver folder via nfs. So in
>my case the vserver won't even start.
>
>See my previous emails called...
>

>RE: Did you fix this?
>

>If you come up with a solution, please let me know too.
>
>Cheers
>
>Fran.
>

>On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 08:35, Thomas Weber wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I used to nfs mount some dirs from my fileserver and reexport them via --bind
>>to the local running vservers:
>>/space from the Fileserver gets mounted to /Xtern/space on the local box.
>>I also run some vservers on the local box. So I used to
>>mount --bind /Xtern/space /vservers/$2/Xtern/space in the /etc/vservers/*.sh
>>scripts. This used to work fine (at least up to 2.4.19ctx14).
>>with 2.4.20ctx16 I get either an empty /Xtern/space in the vserver or some
>>permission denied messages like this:
>>x_at_purerh80:[1] $ ll /Xtern/space/
>>/bin/ls: /Xtern/space/opt: Permission denied
>>/bin/ls: /Xtern/space/pub: Permission denied
>>/bin/ls: /Xtern/space/Machines: Permission denied
>>/bin/ls: /Xtern/space/private: Permission denied
>>total 0
>>
>>anyone any ideas? or is this only me?
>> Tom

Generated on Thu 30 Jan 2003 - 11:17:43 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3