From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Mon 03 Feb 2003 - 17:23:33 GMT

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Paul Sladen wrote:

> Unfortunately I can't answer this, although I can't recall many other saying
> they'd experienced problems--Jacques is the one who knows that script and I
> think it's tied in with the RedHat/RPM layout. It works by duplicating the
> existing filesystem layout.

Very nicely too.

> If you just want to get some vservers, up and running quickly without hassle
> you can boot Debian on them (which will install itself directly off the FTP
> sites); and should work on any Debian or RPM-based host:

If I missed it in the original message and you aren't set on Debian I put
a couple of Redhat Linux 7.3 servers together a few weeks ago. On pretty
low end hardware too.
   I also use Linuxconf, another fine package by Jacques, and with the
Vserver-admin module added it takes 60-100 seconds[1] to create a new
vserver from a template vserver.

[1] These really are low end hardware. PII/233, 128 MB RAM, IDE drives.
Jacques told me once he was doing it in less than 30 seconds.