From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 04 Feb 2003 - 12:21:13 GMT

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 06:48:41AM -0500, pratton seb wrote:
> hello list,
>
> I am trying to set time within a vserver, either with the "date"
> command or via an ntp server.
>
> I have the following error message : "4 Feb 06:47:08 ntpdate[14079]:
> Can't set time of day: Operation not permitted"

if you get/give the required priviledges this
will work, but ...

> Is there something I am missing ??

yes, obviously ... *smile*

... time/date is a kernel feature an therfore resides
on the physical part of the server, so you set/sync
the physical server to some time base and configure
the timezone per vserver ...

> Sebastien
>
> Post your free ad now! [1]Yahoo! Canada Personals
>
> References
>
> 1. http://ca.personals.yahoo.com/

Generated on Tue 04 Feb 2003 - 12:46:24 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3